Forza Motorsports AGTRC

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Motorsports AGTRC
Forza Motorsports AGTRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1 Race 1 - Daytona Sports Car Circuit - Night 7/10/2016 (WERE BACK UP AND RUNNING!)

+5
Talibumbum
xblahzayx
BasicBlaq
hcr colonel
Forstsc400
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Season 1 Race 1 - Daytona Sports Car Circuit - Night 7/10/2016 (WERE BACK UP AND RUNNING!) Empty Season 1 Race 1 - Daytona Sports Car Circuit - Night 7/10/2016 (WERE BACK UP AND RUNNING!)

Post by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:30 am

Hello and welcome to grand opening race for the start of the AGTRC!

Please view your Pi's on this page ---> http://forzawra.webs.com/points-tables

Make sure your liveries are ready for the race! Point penalties will be handed out.

FAQ's:

Q: Where do I check my PI to see if I had an adjustment?
A: You would click right here! ----> LINK LINK LINK http://forzawra.webs.com/points-tables

Q: Can I change my build if i didnt get an adjustment?
A: No sir. That would result in a DQ. This will be checked.

Q: Can I change my build between qualification and the race? How about my tune?
A: You may not change your build at any point unless you are given a PI adjustment. And after the next time you qualify/race you ar then locked into that build. You can however change your tune at any time.

Q: Why did/didnt I get an get an adjustment?
A: Adjustments are given out based on a few factors. Some of which are left unknown to prevent cheating the system. However, let it be known that all adjustments are built, tested etc. Myself as well as my assistants are forza veterans and we are well aware of what each car brings to the table and at what PI.

Q: Can you explain Rule 2.1.d?
A: Sure. Lets say a driver is 5th in points and he really screws up his qualification and lands himself in 30th. In the interest of competition that driver will be promoted to the last spot in Lobby 1 which is reserved for this case.
---------------------------------------------------------

50 LAPS @ Daytona sports car Circuit - Night - 6 Required Pit stops

Qualification is now open
Qualification closes at 6:00PM(ET) Sunday, JULY 10th.

2. Qualifying
2.1 There will be a 5 lap session with collisions off.
  a) This is for 1 standing lap and 3 flying laps
  b) All drivers will stop on their final lap and wait to cross the finish line so that times may be collected
  c) In the event of having 25 or more competitors on race day, lobby 1 will have at least 16 drivers.
  d) The final spot in each lobby goes to the driver with the most points that missed the top lobby
----------------------------------------------------------

Note: Times will not be revealed until 7:00pm ET before the race.

----------------------------------------------------------

Results:

1. Colonel
  2. Miz
  3. Grizzly
  4. Motorhead
  5. Sainted
  6. Tali
  7. Detroit
  8. Jpn
  9. Kouki
  10. Gargos
  11. Swish
  12. Redneck
  13. Forst
  14. Merica
  15. Devin (new gamertag is Warpig)
  16. KikRox
  17. Retom
  18. Savage
  19. Tuk
  20. Worm
  21. Basic
  22. Blakey

Race review:

At the start of the race there was contact in a few places with a number of cars causing Jpn to spin. This has been ultimately viewed as a racing incident.

It would be noted that it is required to be safe when reentering the track. If you try to get your car righted and back on track and another car hits you as a result of your carelessness you will be SEVERELY penalized. This thing happened multiple times during the race to multiple drivers resulting in multiple outcomes. WATCH IT.

PI Infraction: HCR Motorhead - Motorhead did not find, correct, and race with his correct PI. This is an illegal build and the usual penalty for this is an instant DQ. However the stewards and myself have decided to cut some slack and give out the penalty as follows. 10 seconds per illegal PI. 30 second penalty. If this happens again it for any driver it will be an instant DQ.

PI Forfeiture: HCR Merica - Merica's adjusted Pi after the exhibition race was 724. He chose not to run his adjusted PI and instead ran with 720. This is not considered illegal so much as a self handicap.

No one has filled out the incident review form so I will assume that no one had a single complaint beyond those that i received via PM.

Last edited by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin

https://agtrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Season 1 Race 1 - Daytona Sports Car Circuit - Night 7/10/2016 (WERE BACK UP AND RUNNING!) Empty Re: Season 1 Race 1 - Daytona Sports Car Circuit - Night 7/10/2016 (WERE BACK UP AND RUNNING!)

Post by Forstsc400 Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Is anyone going to practice tonight
Forstsc400
Forstsc400

Back to top Go down

Season 1 Race 1 - Daytona Sports Car Circuit - Night 7/10/2016 (WERE BACK UP AND RUNNING!) Empty Re: Season 1 Race 1 - Daytona Sports Car Circuit - Night 7/10/2016 (WERE BACK UP AND RUNNING!)

Post by hcr colonel Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:57 am

If at all possible a date and time needs to be displayed under the track race as a reference for the drivers involved. Im not seeing a start date for this daytona race at all. And i need to be qualified at some point before the deadline. Message me if you have time

hcr colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:03 pm

THE RACE IS DELAYED DUE TO A DEATH IN MY FAMILY. I am not able to give the series the proper start and time it needed this week leading up tot eh race as a close relative unexpectedly passed away Thursday afternoon. I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience but due to this tragedy I need a few weeks to get everything straightened out and back to normal in my personal life and household before i can host races proper.

Daytona will resume on the scheduled date for Long Beach which is July 11th.

To answer Colonels question, I have the dates posted on the page with the points. Here ---.>http://forzawra.webs.com/ However all of those dates now need to be shifted to accommodate the delay due tot he passing of my Uncle.

Guys on a serious note, just hold tight and i really hope to see all of you who have signed up and are working hard to race ready to run on the 10th.  Between having to be here for support to my family and household and the coming funeral, i cannot be on reliably in the next two weeks to host this series the way i feel is professional enough for my standards. I want to run a clean, tight ship and i want people to walk away from each race excited and pleased with how each race goes. I cant do that if im not here working my hardest on it and i dont want people thinking im incompetent. So again just sit tight for a while, I am sure you will see me on, and whoever sees this if they can pass on the word i would appreciate it.

Also, i am going to send out a mass message on Xb1 letting everyone know who doesnt regularly visit the site. ---- Sainted

Last edited by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hcr colonel Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 am

Hey bud. Take all the time you need. Sorry for your loss man. Whenever you are ready im sure everyone will still be here.

hcr colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by BasicBlaq Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:15 am

Sorry for your lost Sainted.

I was wondering how much laps we will be doing at Daytona?

BasicBlaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Holy shoot its basicblaq. long time no see. Yeah its going to be 50 laps, should have said in the post above somewhere but i might have missed it with everything going on. 6 required stops. i will be on this weekend following the funeral and the following week. i would have it start the 3rd but its the fourth of july weekend and so for the holiday i gave it off.
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xblahzayx Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:12 am

Condolences bro

xblahzayx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Thank you to everyone for your patience. The series is back up and running. Qualification is now open! I will be editing the dates on the post above and plan on getting a mass message from my on XBL as a reminder to those not checking the site. Again thank you all for your patience and condolences for this unforeseen family emergency and tragedy.
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibumbum Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:09 am

Hi I am looking forward to race with you guys but I can't make it to the qualifying we got the European championship going on here and it's he final on that day.
I read in the rules that I can qualify on any day before the race (rule 2.2).
Is it possible to do that until Friday 1pm eastern time?

FYI I am in Europe there is a 6hrs difference

Talibumbum

Back to top Go down

Post by jpnvr4 Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:35 pm

I think I am allowed to do qualifications. If you add me and see me online, pm me and I will get on so you can qualify

jpnvr4

Back to top Go down

Post by BasicBlaq Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:21 am

Do we know who the Stewards are who can do the Qualifying session? I might try and Qualify tonight or tomorrow afternoon or evening

BasicBlaq

Back to top Go down

Post by BasicBlaq Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Anyone going to be on later tonight(8:30pm EST) to do my Qualify time?

BasicBlaq

Back to top Go down

Post by jpnvr4 Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:02 pm

I am now online for anybody that would like to qualify

jpnvr4

Back to top Go down

Post by Retom7 Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:48 pm

Sainted, I sent you a message a while back. I would like to sign up, so I went ahead and picked a number and car (team with my brother), but can you let me know if it's too late to sign up? Since I'll be using his build, I don't think either of us will be qualifying and will just start from wherever. I know I'm not a top guy anyway, I'm just here for the fun of racing.

Retom7

Back to top Go down

Post by jpnvr4 Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:18 am

1st race. I'm happy with the outcome. Sainted has promised to run a tighter knit series. It was a great race. Can't wait for the next 1.

jpnvr4

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:46 am

I'm glad you enjoyed the racing jp. I got several messages from people for different things. I will do my best to go over certain verbal things here briefly. I had someone ask about blue flags and passing drivers who are lapped traffic. I will expand on a required procedure for the lapped car. However. Everyone is racing their own race and if two cars are racing side by side and are being lapped it becomes an issue of ho has priority. That's where everyone needs a cool head and to use some sense. It happens in real life with multi class racing, it's just a fact of life on the track. Be respectful and do your best to let someone you aren't racing for position by.

I was also asked what is the rule for if a car is lapped traffic but beats the lapper down the straight. Going forward we won't have many chances for this to be a huge issue like at Daytona. In yhe future I would say it's faster overall to let the guy by and continue your race unimpeded.

I will also say that it is extremely important for everyone to go and look at their pis during the week. In this thread in the first ten lines I mention an link to pis twice. There were two drivers tht I know of so far who missed their adjustments. Due to the issue regarding the time away and the family issues keeping me from being very active going into this weeks race myself and my assistant are looking at a much more lenient solution. We want to encourage racing. Race report will be posted on Tuesday night.
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jpnvr4 Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:52 am

I am currently looking at race infractions as well as race accidents/crashes. I can only look at one's I see and one's I know about so please file your incident reports that they may be lodged and looked over.

Remember we what this to be as clear so no one person feels they are being targeted if penalties occur.
thnx

jpnvr4

Back to top Go down

Post by Retom7 Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:02 pm

I had fun the first race. I wonder where I would have finished had I not drilled the tire barrier at the bus stop (thought I had enough time to turn around and grab the baby monitor... I did not). That cost me nearly a full lap right there, but whatever, it was good to be racing again. Good racing with all the new faces (new to me anyway).

Maybe we can find a better way to start the formation lap instead of half the field stopped and waiting and the other half a cluster trying to figure out where people are? I knew my position #, but couldn't remember who was in front or behind, but it was sketchy regardless. That was my only critique.

Retom7

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:10 pm

I do feel like I'm being singled out for PI adjustments as it seems those specified were done after the preliminary rounds. Road America being one of my strongest tracks personally and a good one for the car I'm in. Lime Rock being one I hate the most but I built my car with more handling in mind for the longevity of the season which was why I was competitive there. Also, that race was a bit of a mess with crashes (and me keeping clean) being the main reason that I got out front early and held out.

It seems that my adjustment was a reflex at a glance of the results rather than reading into how each race unfolded. For instance, at each track we've done thus far, there are people directly in line with my pace. I think more emphasis should be put on bringing slower drivers up rather than penalising fast/winning drivers.

HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibumbum Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Bringing up everyone but one is the same like bringing down only one.

Talibumbum

Back to top Go down

Post by jpnvr4 Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:12 pm

the system slightly follows that of the BTCC. I understand where you are coming from but it's not singling out you. I think racers like yourself should not take it in a negative sense and see it as a challenge. Not to worry, it will be fair all around the board and in the future you will see the benefits. Plus you wouldnt want to be in a competition the you hardly have anyone challenge you race to race now would you? Of course not because there's no fun in that. Don't worry, you will see it gets better.

jpnvr4

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:53 pm

I had enough of a challenge with Grizzly. I had to push hard setting good laps to eke out a small gap to him. We were able to lead all the others as they were in a decent battle and we had relatively clean running.

As aforementioned, I'm not the outright fastest driver. At Road America I was not the fastest guy. If Solar were to show up he'd have shown that. I fully expect the Mustang and some other cars to be at the sharp end of the field at Long Beach. I was on par with Grizzly in his Aston but now I'm considerably slower there.

It seems that I've been hit because my name is a common denominator. But it's still early days. I can see why there are things like this in place but there's a fine line between keeping it 'exciting' and keeping people interested and alienating faster drivers. Fast drivers are fast. They will most likely win on pure merit most of the time; because they do things right. They optimise their car, strategy and make better choices. Plus they'll probably bring a considerable amount of experience to the table.

HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Everyone here is treated equally. What other drivers say to each other while im around or not does not change how things will be administered. I am unbiased and will continue to be so long as I am in an administrative position.

If someone was to beat you by 14 seconds, they would have a PI decrease as well. I am confident in the adjustments being fair and proper for the racing that we are intending for.

If everyone here could be mature and allow the series to unfold it would be much more enjoyable of a time for us all. This is no longer up for discussion.
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:58 pm

14 seconds is nothing in a 50 lap/1h45' race, but okay! bounce bounce bounce

HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next