Forza Motorsports AGTRC

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Motorsports AGTRC
Forza Motorsports AGTRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are people finding out information?

2 posters

Go down

How are people finding out information? Empty How are people finding out information?

Post by Retom7 Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:16 am

I join the lobbies on time, but receive no messages, party invites, and am left with whatever Forza grants that day, which turned out to be speaking with Forst and Gargos, and I could hear someone else but couldn't talk back to them. One of those that I could hear mentioned where I was starting, though I have no way of verifying that and, I suppose, run the risk of being in the wrong starting spot and being penalized. In a past series I had been a part of, we split into two chat lobbies. The top half and the bottom half. It seemed to work pretty well so we could at least speak to the people around us to warn of passes, cautions, start, etc. I have no idea when races start (green flag call), why everyone is still racing under green conditions when the entire track is blocked off, and why, after coming to a complete stop at that blockage and getting run into and given 100% damage, I had to run the race from a lap down to start. I read through the rules again and I'm assuming cautions are no longer a thing, but if we're going to be so strict on rules where I'm docked 30-seconds for LB, maybe we can find a better way to communicate on track? Or at least before we go green so everyone knows what's going on?

In response to LB since it's locked: Those who have raced with me know that I'm certainly not the fastest out there, but I always move when I can and am trying to improve myself. Warpig darted directly in front of me going into that turn and immediately hit the brakes, which, by the time I was able to react, was too late to avoid bumping him in the back. Unfortunately, Forza physics turns that bump into a punt and c'est la vie. Getting back into it, it's LB, tight turns, and doing the best I can to get moving while using a controller (which is easy for me to oversteer a bit here and there) and I ended up turning a little too far into the line in my best effort to account for thinking Warpig was also going to continue coming back out a bit. But since I was also racing, I'm not going to park and wait for the field to pass. Once I got moving, I was just trying to get through the final set of turns while trying to take into account Solar (I think) being on the left line and thus being forced into taking the final turn as tight as I could. I'll take the 30-second penalty and won't protest because I'm certainly not in the running for a place, but it was certainly not intentional. I voluntarily gave up my position to someone at Daytona because they got clobbered by AI even though I likely would have caught them and passed on the back stretch.

Anyway, venting a bit, but it seems like there should be some sort of solution to this communication problem.

Retom7

Back to top Go down

How are people finding out information? Empty Re: How are people finding out information?

Post by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:55 am

I do my best to respond to every inbox i get on here and on xbox. Party chat goes wonky after about 12 people, and game chat in forza is completely broken so it makes it hard. We did try a party system and that is the route we are going. I think what i will do for this week's race is when qualification is posted i will post which party you are in and who will be the host of that party. Trying to get two parties started on the spot when the lobby goes up isnt a streamlined process.

The start procedure can be clarified and SHOULD be clarified. I will make sure to go about clearing that up.

To clarify the yellow/restart issue. I am trying to avoid having any restarts. In a real race if someone wrecks on the first lap because they, or someone around them, makes a boneheaded move they dont get a restart with a fresh car. I also feel like having a restart rule allowing for restarts makes it so that people feel like they can get away with something because if it turns out bad "hey can i get a restart". I feel like the cause of a restart should be penalized but there is no way to do that once we actually restart. Its a different philosophy.

Yellow flags are another issue entirely. Each week we get close to having to split lobbies. We had over 35 sign ups which to me indicated that the series has the potential of needing more than 1 lobby for racing, and that is fine. I am prepared to handle that with a tried and tested way of making that work. However, yellows are in no way possible if that should occur. You cannot have a split lobby and still have cautions as that would cause drivers who are not involved in incidences to lose time and finish position with drivers in another lobby because someone else is having a rough day. Now you might say "well we dont have 2 lobbies so we should run them when there isnt" but then that leads to the issue of consistency in rules. If one week 23 people show up and we have a caution which then allows a driver the chance to get with the pack and ultimately have a better finish position because of it even though they wrecked, than in the future if there is a 25 driver turn out and we run a split lobby and that caution isnt possible than that driver had an unfair inconsistent advantage in the previous race. Yellows just arent a feasible way to do business when you have the possibility of being forced to run more than one lobby.

As for the incident at LB, it was viewed by myself and my assistant who on different occasions came to the same conclusion. The way i viewed it was that he passed, was on the natural racing line and braked for the corner. I personally did not see the darting and slamming of the brakes. As for the contact itself, yes forza has a bit of an inconsistent and wonky way of relaying contact between cars, but at those G's under braking making contact to the rear would cause race car to become unsettled. Perhaps the replay didnt do the incident justice, but it was viewed that the contact was heavy enough to lift the rear tires of his car off the ground.

I appreciate your criticisms and I will take them into direct consideration and do what i can to improve the series. I truly do appreciate the honest viewpoint. And please remember that all incident reviews are dealt as evenhandedly as possible and that nothing is personal. Its broken down as empirically as possible.
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin

https://agtrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How are people finding out information? Empty Re: How are people finding out information?

Post by Retom7 Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks for the response. I have the video from my angle shared. I am not looking for a review of the 30-second penalty, but if you're curious. I kind of just kept typing as I was thinking, but I was a bit bummed from the start of VIR. It's a tough track in a configuration I didn't know, so having traffic was a benefit to me to learn some of the lines people are using. Once I was by myself, I was inconsistent and awful, lol. Forst gave me some great tips in a few turns which brought my times down incredibly, so props there. I LIKE racing in one lobby, as I think traffic is a big part of racing. I don't know what the solution is, but I'm glad to hear that you're going to keep trying to figure out something.

Retom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum