Forza Motorsports AGTRC

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Motorsports AGTRC
Forza Motorsports AGTRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pitstops and the Ford problem

3 posters

Go down

Pitstops and the Ford problem Empty Pitstops and the Ford problem

Post by Talibumbum Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:20 pm

First of all i dont like the pitstop rules for one specific reason:

the Ford has a huge disadvantage
Let me explain it to you. The Ford is always on a very tight pitting strategy with almost no room for changes
and exactly there is the problem. When a Ford has an accident he has mostly to do an extra pitstops that looks fair
He crashed he has to pit well but if we look at other cars for example my SLS, I can do all the races in 1 or 2 pitstops less than the Ford and exactly here lays the problem I don't have to an extra pitstop. It doesn't matter when i pit.
So all cars that can do the races in less pitstops than the Ford have a huge advantage over the Ford

But the good thing is that I have a solution for this: put the time you lose while you are pitting into the average laptime of the car

Little example:
car 1 car 2
Laptime 62sec . 63sec
Fuel lasts for . 10 laps . 15laps
Time lost in pi 30 sec . 30 sec
Average laptime: 65sec . 65sec

Car one is faster on the track but loses time while pitting but in average they are the samee
With this everyone is in a tight pitting strategy and has the same risk of have to make an extra pit because of damage

I hope you get the idea behind that

There is one more good thing with that it puts more strategy into the races and what car to choose

Talibumbum

p.s. sorry for bad English

Talibumbum

Back to top Go down

Pitstops and the Ford problem Empty Re: Pitstops and the Ford problem

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:57 pm

No one's forced into the Ford. The Cadillac isn't much better so I have to run it long and hopefully at the end I have a little bit of flexibility.

HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin - Saintedplacebo4 Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Are you suggesting that the cars' balance be based on gas mileage? That wont ever be a thing because then it would go from racing to trying to hotlapping. Cars have to be able to run the same times in order to race, not just run their fastest which happens to be much slower because they take less stops than another car so that they can still come out on top. That is something the series will never be. The advantage of having better gas mileage is better flexibility.

Motorhead is correct, no one is forced into the Ford. It is admittedly a car that you can get very good pace out of and so people want to run it. Thats perfectly fine but they also know the risks.

There will be a set number of pits each race so that every car has the same amount of time in the pits. In real life they do this out by giving cars larger fuel cells when they have worse economy so that in a perfect world each car has to stop for gas the same number of times in a vacuum. The FIA did that during this year's Le Mans because some cars couldnt go the full 13/14 laps in the GTLM category. I cannot edit your fuel tank, however i can force stops.

""Car one is faster on the track but loses time while pitting but in average they are the same""

This is the opposite of racing, this is hotlapping. Car #1 blows past car #2 by 5 seconds a lap so that it can balance out pit stop time, that isnt racing at all in any shape or form. It also wouldnt ever work in practice because each track has different pit stop lengths.
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin - Saintedplacebo4
Admin

https://agtrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum